FINE ARTS FESTIVAL AND CLASSROOM OPEN HOUSE:
Come and join us for a fabulous evening of Fine Arts, Music, and Open House on Tuesday, May 5.
- BBQ in courtyard between Building 5 & PC Gym ($2 suggested donation).
- FC Art display in courtyard.
- HS Cheerleaders will be selling dessert.
- Classrooms Open
- Mr. Brown will be hosting a meet & greet for families considering enrollment at Fresno Christian- invite people to attend!!
- Square Dancing in Courtyard
- Recorders, Choir, & Band performances in PC Gym.
Students do not need to come to school first on that day. If your child will need a ride from school to the swim party, please let me know, as we will not be organizing formal carpools. You will also need to pick up your child after the party is over, or make arrangements for them to get home. We will not be going back to People’s Campus. Again, if you need help with this, just let me know.
The required reading for the month of April is student’s choice and the written response is a poster illustrating the protagonist and the antagonist, with a memorable quote from each, due Friday, May 1. Students will be given the poster paper in class. Please put the name of the book and the author’s name on the back of the poster.
The required reading for the month of May is student’s choice. Since this is a very short and busy month, there will be no written response.
Class time will be given every day for silent reading and students are expected to read a minimum of 10 pages a day. If they are unable to complete this in class, then reading becomes homework.
We continue reading “Harriet Tubman: Conductor on the Underground Railroad” by Ann Petry. This ties in with our Social Studies curriculum.
This week we continue Chapter 9: Multiplication and Division of Decimals.
This week we continue our study of the circulatory and digestive systems.
BIBLE: We continue Unit 7: Luke Writes About the Early Church.
SCRIPTURE MEMORY VERSE:
The memory verse for this week is Galatians 6:10 and the test will be this Friday, May 1. Students will be graded on writing the verse accurately, including correct wording, spelling, punctuation, grammar and scripture reference.
The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
SPELLING: Spelling Lesson 33 words will be tested this Friday, May 1.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Spring Open House: May 5
- Year-end Convocation/Day of Prayer: May 7
- Happy Birthday Dev Gopal: May 13
- Elementary Drama “The Girl with the Golden Locks:” May 15
- Grades 5 and 6 Awards Assembly: May 21 10:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
- Half Day/Noon Dismissal: May 21
- Swim Party/Last Day of School/Noon Dismissal: May 22