March 13, 2020
I want to start by thanking all of our community that have sent emails/texts or have taken the time to let us know that you are praying for us. It means a lot, and please know that we take the stewardship of your children seriously.
Yesterday, FCS Administration had a meeting with all staff regarding the COVID-19 virus. In that meeting, we covered the following topics:
- Safety and security of our students, staff, and community
- Updates from the California Department of Public Health, State of California, Office of Fresno County Superintendent, Association of Christian Schools International and other agencies
- Plans that Fresno Christian Schools has prepared if/when the situation in our community develops further
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, we will be transitioning to an alternative learning model to ensure the health and safety of our students, staff, and community. Please do not send your child to school.
- FCS is following ALL guidelines presented by the State of California and the Fresno County Office of Public Health.
- We are finalizing plans for alternative learning scenarios for all grades.
- At this time, our plan is to resume on-campus classes on Monday, April 13.
- Additional communication will be sent early next week.
These are difficult and challenging times for our community. Our students are navigating these times, along with us. I would like to invite you to talk with your children about the safest and best practices. Many of our children are filled with unknowns and anxiety. We may not have all the answers, but we can talk to them about trusting God for wisdom and peace.
Lastly, please know that we are praying for you and your families. As decisions are being made, we will continue to communicate with you. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yours in Christ,
Jeremy L. Brown