FINE ARTS FESTIVAL AND CLASSROOM OPEN HOUSE:
Join us for a fabulous evening of Fine Arts, Music, and Open House on Tuesday, May 5.
- BBQ in courtyard between Building 5 & PC Gym ($2 suggested donation).
- FC Art display in courtyard.
- HS Cheerleaders will be selling dessert.
- Classrooms Open
- Mr. Brown will be hosting a meet & greet for families considering enrollment at Fresno Christian- invite people to attend!!
- Square Dancing in Courtyard
- Recorders, Choir, & Band performances
END OF YEAR CONVOCATION:
Students do not need to come to school first on that day. If your child will need a ride from school to the swim party, please let me know, as we will not be organizing formal carpools. You will also need to pick up your child after the party is over, or make arrangements for them to get home. We will not be going back to People’s Campus. Again, if you need help with this, just let me know.
YOUNG AUTHORS RESULTS:
Congratulations to our Young Authors finalists: Max Hinton (first place), Micah Sue (second place) and Sophia Reynoso (third place). Be sure to buy a copy of Max’s book ($1) at the Open House on Tuesday! All proceeds from the book sales go towards supporting our library.
The required reading for the month of May is student’s choice. Since this is a very short and busy month, there will be no written response.
Class time will be given every day for silent reading and students are expected to read a minimum of 10 pages a day. If they are unable to complete this in class, then reading becomes homework.
There will be a test on Chapter 9: Multiplication and Division of Decimals this Tuesday, May 5. Then we begin Chapter 10: Geometry and Measurement.
There will be a test on the circulatory system this Thursday, May 7. Students should use their packet and answered questions as a study guide.
BIBLE: We continue Unit 7: Luke Writes About the Early Church.
SCRIPTURE MEMORY VERSE:
The memory verse for this week is Philippians 4:19 and the test will be this Friday, May 8. Students will be graded on writing the verse accurately, including correct wording, spelling, punctuation, grammar and scripture reference.
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
SPELLING: Spelling Lesson 34 words will be tested this Friday, May 8.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Spring Open House: May 5
- Year-end Convocation/Day of Prayer: May 7
- Happy Birthday Dev Gopal: May 13
- Elementary Drama “The Girl with the Golden Locks:” May 15
- Grades 5 and 6 Awards Assembly: May 21 10:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
- Half Day/Noon Dismissal: May 21
- Swim Party/Last Day of School/Noon Dismissal: May 22