The mission of Fresno Christian Schools is to equip young people for life and service for Jesus Christ through biblical foundations, Christ-like character development, and academic preparation in partnership with the home and local church.
The Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is the basis for teaching the faith, giving direction to one’s life, and training a person in right living. (II Timothy 3:16)
Therefore, on this basis the philosophy of Fresno Christian Schools is grounded in the following beliefs:
- The home, church and school should complement each other in promoting the student’s spiritual, academic, moral, psycho-social and physical growth.
- At school, the teacher represents the extension of authority and discipline as an agent of the parent.
- God has given differing abilities to each student. It is the teacher’s responsibility to challenge each student according to this ability and seek to develop the student’s full potential.
- The student’s home, church and school experiences and training should be a preparation for a life of fellowship with God and of service to others.
- Students should be encouraged to become spiritually mature and grow into Christ-likeness.
- Learning involves interaction between people, and that a well-rounded education involves exposure to a variety of cultures, ideas, and issues, all of which are to be interpreted by the light of God’s Word.
- Every teacher should participate in professional growth for the purpose of improving the program of the school while fulfilling its mission.
Centered in Christ – John 17:20-22
- Providing a Christ-centered, God-honoring environment – Colossians 1:18
- Ministering as a team of board, administrators, faculty, and staff united in allegiance to Christ and the mission of a distinctively Christian education – Philippians 2:1-11
- Encouraging each student to develop a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior – Colossians 1:28-30
Teaching the Truth – Timothy 3:16
- Recognizing that all truth is God’s truth, and that the Bible is the verbally inspired inerrant, and authoritative Word of God – John 14:6, John 17:17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, I John 5:20
- Integrating a biblical worldview into all areas of the curriculum and school program – Psalm 86:11, Colossians 2:2-3, Psalm 78:1-8, Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Romans 12:2
- Affirming the worth of each individual as an image-bearer of God – Genesis 1:26-27
- Developing students who hide God’s Word in their hearts, discern the truth based on Scripture, and apply biblical wisdom to every part of daily life – 1 John 3:18, Psalm 119:11, Proverbs 3:5-6, I Corinthians 2:15-16
Striving for Excellence
- Pursuing excellence in who we are and all that we do to the glory of God – 1 Corinthians 10:31, Colossians 3:17
- Promoting the spiritual, academic, social, and physical well being of each student – Psalm 139:13-16, 1 Timothy 4:8
- Equipping students to develop the thinking, communication, study, and academic skills needed for future educational and occupational success – Ephesians 4:11-16
- Providing a quality learning experience that engages students, encourages them to reach their full potential in Christ, and focuses on what is best for each student – Philippians 1:6
Leading through Service – Matthew 20:28
- Following Christ’s example of service and love in relationships with others – Luke 10:27, 1 Timothy 6:18, 1 Peter 4:11
- Serving as Christian role models at all levels of leadership, including the board, administration, faculty, and staff, so that others may follow our example – Matthew 5:14-16, Philippians 2:3-4
- Fostering a faithful board, administration, faculty, and staff who choose to operate not from obligation to a job but from commitment to the ministry – Ephesians 6:6-7, Colossians 3:23
- Preparing effective servant leaders who will desire to follow biblical principles in their interactions with others, fulfill their responsibility toward good citizenship and mission outreach, give their lives in service to God, and impact their families, communities, and world for Christ – John 12:26, Colossians 4:5-6
Partnering with Parents – Proverbs 22:6
- Recognizing the home as a child’s primary educator – Deuteronomy 6:7
- Collaborating with parents who affirmatively support and cooperate with the school’s Christian philosophy of education, core values, mission, and vision – Ephesians 4:1-3
- Encouraging families in their affiliation with a local Bible-believing church – Hebrews 10:24-25
- Following biblical principles in relationships and interactions – Matthew 18:15-17
Statement of Faith
- The Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God;
- There is one God, eternally existent in three (3) persons: the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit;
- In the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His Lordship over all of life, and His personal return in power and glory;
- In the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation, that the Holy Spirit indwells the believe;
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation;
- In the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
The colors for Fresno Christian Schools are maroon, black, and white. The Eagle is the emblem of FCS. This emblem was chosen with Isaiah 40:31 in mind. “Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles….”
Fresno Christian Schools has been a valuable part of the Christian community for almost 40 years. The dream for a quality Christian school for Fresno began in 1970 when pastors and educational leaders met with a common vision to consider the possibility of establishing a Christian school. Seven churches in the Fresno area agreed to set aside denominational differences to support the vision for a school that would not compromise God’s word or settle for anything less than the pursuit of excellence in the classroom. Classes began in 1977 with 135 students in grades K-6.
In a typical year, the student body represents over 100 churches. Students attend from the greater Fresno area and other communities such as Kerman, Kingsburg, Sanger, Selma and Madera. The largest percentage of our student body attend one of the partnering churches:
- Bethany Mennonite Brethren Church
- Clovis Hills Community Church
- Faith Summit Church
- First Baptist Church of Clovis
- Fresno Christian Reformed Church
- God’s Family Church
- Northeast Assembly of God Church
- Northside Community Church
- Northwest Church
- Peoples Church
- Riverpark Bible
- The Bridge Evangelical Free Church
- The Grace Place
- The Well Community Church
- Trinity Community Church
- Valley Christian Center
- Woodward Park Baptist Church
Fresno Christian Schools has been recognized nationally as an example of how Christians can cooperate to provide a quality Christian school for their community.